4 Tips on How to Save Energy with Home Lighting

4 mins read

You don’t have to own a house to know that the energy bill is one of the highest on a household budget, right? What few people know is that there are ways to spend less energy by choosing some specific equipment or even taking certain actions on a daily basis.

To help you save on your electricity bill, we have brought some recommendations that help you save. Check out!

1. Pay attention to the type of lamp used

Incandescent lamps usually use four times more energy than fluorescent lamps. This is because it is characterized by converting energy into light and heat, which makes it consume more. Although they are cheaper, only 5% of the energy generated is converted into light. The remaining 95% is transformed into heat, which explains the great waste they generate.

White kitchen with fluorescent lamp Architect Project Caio Pelisson1. White kitchen with fluorescent lamp. Architect Caio Pelisson Project

On the other hand, fluorescent lamps have in their composition a small amount of mercury, a toxic element that is harmful to man and nature. Therefore, when disposing of it, be sure to do the correct recycling.

Boy's room with part of the led lighting Project by Maria Claudia Nassar2. Boy’s room with part of the led lighting. Project by Maria Claudia Nassar

LED lamps are more expensive, but they usually last longer, do not contain mercury and do not attract insects.

2. Bet on portable lighting

The second tip is to use portable lamps, such as lamps and lamps, to avoid turning on the lights of the whole house. Focus on environments with greater circulation and invest in spot lighting for them, such as the corridor and stairs.

Double bedroom with lamps Design by Gabriel Valdivieso3. Double room with lamps beside the bed. Project by Gabriel Valdivieso

In addition to the decorative effect, there is considerable energy savings, as it will not be necessary to turn on the light in the room to access the corridor, for example.

Floor lamp with cozy lighting Projetica Design and Architecture Project4. Floor lamp with warm lighting. Project of Design and Architecture

3. Look for natural lighting

Another way to save money is to use ways to enjoy sunlight longer. There are architectural strategies for this that must be considered when building the house.

Use light colors

The lighter the color used on the walls, the less electric lighting will be used in these environments. The white color, for example, is the one that retains the least heat, which favors less use of air conditioning or fans.

White living room with white curtains Design by Leonardo Muller5. White living room with white curtains. Leonardo Muller Project

Glass windows and doors

Another alternative is to invest in glass products, to make the most of the light that comes from outside the house. If necessary, use light colored curtains to soften the sun’s reflection.

Living room with large window for light entry Codecorar Project6. Living room with large window for light to enter. Codecorar Project

Sunroof

Choose an environment that you consider dark in the house and make a glass roof. The place will be lit with natural lights and the electricity ends up being in the background, which makes all the difference at the end of the month.

Bathroom with sunroof Casa Cor Franca Design 177. Bathroom with sunroof over the bath. Casa Cor Franca Project 17

4. Don’t waste energy

Turn off the lights whenever you are not using the environment. This is also true for equipment such as TV and computer, turn them off completely if you go to sleep or if you are not going to use them anymore.

Did you like the tips? Now just put them into practice and see the positive result on the energy bill!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

Table Lamp: See How to Use it in Decoration and +50 Models

Next Story

Home Lighting: Exclusive Tips for You to Light Up Your Home

Latest from ALL