So, be it wood, silicone, stainless steel, crochet, straw… one thing is certain, the pan rest is an item that cannot be missing in your kitchen. Check now several models of pot rest and get inspired with three easy and inexpensive tutorials.
Crochet pot rest
Crochet is a low cost and versatile technique, because with different crochet stitches it is possible to create countless decorative items for the home such as rugs, pillows, bedspreads and riddles … pot rest. Well, the crochet pot rest can be made in different shapes and colors. However, an important tip for those who want to create beautiful pieces with perfect finish is to invest in needles with correct dimensions and quality threads or wool.
Wooden pot rest
The wooden pan rest models are more common and can be found on the market in different formats, colors and sizes. The simplest versions are made in a square or circular format and usually present the wood’s own tone, giving the environment a rustic and natural touch. The more sophisticated versions, on the other hand, present unusual shapes, a colorful finish and enchant the decoration of the kitchen counter and dining table.
Silicone pan rest
The silicone pan rest is flexible, easy to clean, easy to store, has no porosity and is resistant to low and high temperatures. Therefore, it is no wonder that this pan rest has gained several followers in recent years. On the market it is possible to find models of traditional silicone pot rests, usually in geometric shapes (square, triangular, round), as ingenious models with creative shapes that simulate the design of fruits and characters.
Straw pot rest
Straw alone is widely used in making utensils, bags, furniture and decorative objects. And among the countless products created and sold, the straw pot rest has been standing out more and more recently. In the image below, for example, the pan rest was made with carnauba straw (a palm from the semi-arid region of Northeast Brazil).
Whether for its simplicity and affordable price, the straw pan rest can be found in natural or colored tones.
Stainless pan rest
The stainless steel pan rest model does not deform or burn, thus making it an indispensable item for your kitchen. With excellent durability and quality, stainless steel cookware can be found in different shapes and sizes. In the image below, the stainless pan rest simulates the shape of the head of the famous Disney mouse, Mickey.
pot rest kit
Usually, when preparing meals, we use more than one pan, right? Therefore, the presence of more than one pan rest in the kitchen is necessary. For this reason, it is recommended to purchase the pan rest kit. In the market it is possible to find pan rest kit made with different materials.
The pan rest kit can come in different sizes, shapes and colors and most of them form beautiful harmonic compositions, following the same creative theme.
How to make pot rest
Having a pan rest at home is a great option to receive friends and family, whether for a weekend lunch or even to have that afternoon coffee. Practical and beautiful, the pan rest can be made with different materials. So, if you like the best DIY style (Do It Yourself), it’s time to get your hands dirty. Check out three simple tutorials on how to make pot rest and surprise your family and friends without spending almost anything.
Stone pot rest: Materials
- Circular parana paper
- Circular non-slip rubberized fabric (same size as parana paper)
- hot glue
Stone pot rest: Step by step
- First, glue the rubberized non-slip fabric to the parana paper with hot glue, securing its surface;
- Turn the paraná paper (leaving the rubberized non-slip fabric downwards) and with the help of the hot glue, stick one stone at a time until all spaces are filled;
- After covering the entire surface, allow the base to dry completely.
Cardboard pot rest: Materials
- Cardboard sheets
- Satin ribbon (color of your choice)
- hot glue
Cardboard pot rest: Step by step
- With the aid of a ruler, make the mark with pencil and cut the cardboard sheets in three different sizes, namely: 11 strips (2 x 20cm), 1 strip (2 x 40cm) and 1 strip (2 x 50cm);
- For the formation of the cones you will need to cut the strips, apply hot glue on their surface and roll them up to form a small cardboard cylinder;
- With the hot glue, make a cardboard cone with the piece of strip (2 x 40cm). This will be the center of our pan rest;
- Then, make the 11 cardboard cones with the pieces of strips (2 x 20cm) of these smaller ones;
- Glue the 11 small cones around the central cone (core);
- Take the larger piece of strip (2 x 50 cm) and with the help of the hot glue start by wrapping the composition you had previously made;
- Finally, place the satin ribbon around the pot rest and tie a bow to finish off your creation.
Pot rest made of beans: Materials
- MDF wooden board (round shape)
- Glue for MDF
- Black bean grains
Pot rest made of beans: Step by step
- Glue the black bean grains on the surface of the MDF wooden board;
- After covering the entire surface of the wood with the grains, your pan rest is ready for use.